It has been estimated that as many as 50% of travelers become ill. If you are an employer, you should be concerned about your employees' health when they travel on company business because employees who become ill during a business trip are covered under Workers' compensation insurance, which, along with occupation-related injuries, is typically excluded from health plan coverage. Administering preventive vaccines and medication is the best way to keep costs down.
If you are traveling for pleasure, don't ruin the vacation due to unwanted illness. This page will prepare you prior to departure by giving you the necessary tools to stay free from preventable illnesses.
Nearby Travel Medicine Locations
The RWJ Hamilton Travel Medicine Service can be reached by calling 609-584-6654. They offer immunizations, prescriptions, and health education for traveling abroad. In addition, our staff can provide advice to the healthy traveler about preventive measures to avoid illness during and after their trip. The clinic also provides:
- Information on general health and safety concerns
- Pre-travel assessment to determine health care needs
- Written advise and documentation, including the International Certificate of Vaccination
Computerized software system offers information on 229 countries and up-to-date counseling for preventing travel-related diseases such as:
- Yellow fever
The program allows us to determine and relay information about:
- A detailed explanation of travel health issues, including food, water, and inspect precautions
- Information about disease risks
- Necessary preventive vaccines and medications
- Passport Health - Private provider of travel medical and immunization services with locations in New Jersey
Other Valuable Travel Health Resources
- Travel Vaccinations - Everything you need to know about the timing and requirements for communicable diseases such as for Yellow Fever, Meningitis, Diphtheria, etc. before you travel
- Travelers' Health Topics - The Center for Disease Control (CDC) pages listing communicable disease health alerts and information on health and travel.