2022 1st Quarter Taxes are due February 1, with a 10 day grace period. If payment is received after February 10th, the interest calculates from the due date of February 1.
Property Tax/Sewer bills are due quarterly February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1 with a 10 day grace period, if the 10th falls on a weekend or a holiday the grace period is extended to the next business day.
Princeton municipal buildings are now open to the public please wear a mask upon entering the building. Payments can be made:
- Mailed/dropped off at 400 Witherspoon St., Attn: Tax Office, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Drop off in the Police lobby drop box located at 1 Valley Rd. Princeton, NJ 08540 which is accessible Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm
- Pay online with no fee if paid thru your checking account or a 2.65% fee if paid with a credit card
- PTR forms can be mailed 400 Witherspoon St. Attn: Tax Collector or dropped off at 1Valley Rd. or 400 Witherspoon St., Attn: Tax Office and once completed will be mailed back to you
Any drop-off or mailed-in payments should include a self-addressed stamped envelope if a receipt is needed.
- Pay Taxes and Sewer Online
- Via mail or in person
Taxes / Sewers
Property Tax Relief Programs
- Homestead Benefit Program
- Property Tax Relief Programs
- Senior freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement Program) "PTR" 800-882-6597 or 609-292-6400
- Other Property Tax Benefits (Senior Citizens, Disabled Persons and Veterans Deduction)
Governor Murphy signed S4081 in December, which extended the utility shutoff grace period from December 31, 2021 to March 15, 2022. This prohibits local governments from shutting off water or electric service to residential customers or to accounts primarily servicing residential customers, due to nonpayment of water, sewer, or electric charges unless the disconnection is to prevent a risk to public health or safety. Please note: Princeton does not have a policy of shutting off service to residential customers.
Also, Executive order 246, effective January 1, 2022 through March 15, 2022 zero interest will be charged for 2021 sewer and 1st quarter 2022 sewer. Payment plans are available. Contact the tax collector for more information, 609-924-1058.