Bicycle Master Plan Study
The Municipality of Princeton, through a grant provided by the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), is working with Parsons Brinckerhoff of Lawrenceville, NJ to create a new Bicycle Master Plan for Princeton. The grant application materials are provided here.
The study will produce a Bicycle Master Plan, including a network map and typical design cross-sections, that can be adopted as a part of the Circulation Element of the Princeton Community Master Plan and be used to support the installation of appropriate bicycle accommodations in accordance with Complete Streets when municipal capital improvement projects are undertaken. A Fact Sheet is provided here.
A Study Advisory Committee (SAC) (Listing of Members) has been established to participate in developing the study vision, goals, and recommendations; review study materials and interim products, and provide comments and feedback; and communicate with, and provide study updates to, their organizations and constituents.
Members of the public are encouraged to actively participate in the bicycle master planning process. Comments may be submitted via the following methods:
- Mail written / printed comments to the Engineering Department at 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08540.
- Online survey and the wikimapping application have been completed. Thank you for your participation. The results will be included in the report.
- Princeton Packet Article December 2015
- November 12, 2015 Presentation Board – Benefits
- November 12, 2015 Presentation Board – Bicycle Facilities
- November 12, 2015 Presentation Board – Community Demographics
- Participate at public meetings. Provided below is the schedule of meetings. It will be updated with new meetings as they are scheduled.
- September 17, 2015 Planning Board Kickoff Meeting
Planning Board meeting September 17, 2015
- October 27, 2015, 9:30 am – 11:30 am, Study Advisory Committee Meeting No. 1, Community Room at 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ
SAC Meeting No. 1 Sunshine Notice
SAC Meeting No. 1 Agenda
October 27, 2015 Study Advisory Committee Meeting Presentation
- November 12, 2015, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Public Information Meeting No. 1, Community Room at 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ Click here for information
SAC Meeting No. 1 Minutes, Brainstorming Goals, Brainstorming Barriers, and Brainstorming Success
SAC Meeting No. 2 is scheduled for February 23, 2016 at 1:30 to 3:30 PM in the Community Room at 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ.
SAC Meeting No. 2 Sunshine Notice
February 10, 2016, 9:30 – 11:30 AM - Master Plan Subcommittee meeting
(click here for information)
February 10, 2016 Master Plan Subcommittee Meeting Presentation
As more details regarding the study become available, they will be posted here and disseminated via social media.
May 24, 2016 Master Plan Subcommittee Meeting
May 24, 2016 Master Plan Subcommittee Presentation
Draft Bike Master Plan