Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I be allowed to bring a non-resident guest with me to the pool in 2021?
- A: Princeton residents and CP Pool members may request to bring no more than 5 guests (per family) to the pool on any one date. Requests must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance to Recreation. A form will be made available on our website for guest requests and must include names and contact info for all guests in the event that contact tracing is necessary. This is required by the State Department of Health. Guests will be permitted on weekdays only (excluding holidays) at the discretion of the Recreation Staff. The daily admission fee ($6/youth & $12/adult) must be paid at the time of entry. No guests will be permitted on weekends at this time due to capacity restrictions and social distancing requirements. Walk-up guests will not be permitted. Recreation staff reserves the right to change or adjust this policy as needed.
Q: Are you accepting any new non-resident members that were not members of the pool in 2019?
- A: At this time we are not accepting any non-resident members beyond those families/individuals that were members in 2019. However, we are taking a waitlist for new non-resident members should we be able to open registration at some point this summer. Click here to register for the waitlist and register under the tab “Waitlist for Non-Residents that were not Pool members in 2019”. Priority will be given to families/individuals that were Non-Resident CP Pool members prior to 2019 if/when registration is open to new non-residents.
Q: I'm a Princeton resident but I did not have a Daily Admission Card (DAC) in 2020. When can I pick up my DAC for 2021?
- A: After you register for you 2021 Daily Admission Card on Community Pass, you can pick up your card at the Recreation Department office (380 Witherspoon St) from 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. The office will be open until 7pm on Monday, 5/24 and Wednesday, 5/26.
Q: I'm a Princeton resident and had a DAC in 2020, can I use the same card again this summer?
- A: Yes. If you had a DAC in 2020, that card will function as your DAC in 2021 but you must still register for the 2021 DAC on Community Pass.
Q: Can I pre-register for a daily admission slot like I did in 2020?
- A: There is no pre-registration for slots this summer.
Q: Are there capacity restrictions at CP Pool this summer?
- A: At this time, there are still capacity restrictions in place for all outdoor pools as mandated by the State of NJ. As these guidelines from the state change, staff will adjust accordingly. Community Park Pool took a very conservative approach to those capacity restrictions in 2020 and we are comfortable increasing the number of people that we can allow in the complex for 2021 while remaining in compliance with state guidelines. That being said, there may be times on busy days when staff will temporarily close the gate to new entrants until such time as a sufficient number of individuals leave the complex.
Q: Will guests be required to wear a face covering at CP Pool this summer?
- A: Guests are required to wear a face covering when entering and exiting the pool facility and any time in the complex when social distancing can not be maintained with the exception of being in the water. Face coverings may not be worn in the water.
Q: Will the concession stand be open this summer?
- A: As of this writing, the Concession stand will not be open in 2021. If that changes an update will be provided. Guests may bring their own food and drink. Glass bottles and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the complex.
Q: Will there be tables and chairs available for use at the pool in 2021?
- A: Similar to 2020, CP Pool will not provide chairs or picnic tables for seating. Guests may bring their own chairs, however.
Q: Can I host a birthday party at CP Pool in 2021?
- A: Parties are not allowed at CP Pool in 2021. In addition, the community room is not available for public use.
Q: How do I find out if the pool is closing early due to inclement weather?
- A: Be sure to check Princeton Recreation Facebook or Twitter, or call the pool from office: 609-921-2990