The Princeton Fire Department has existed since 1788 as the departmental organization of the Princeton Fire Companies which were operationally consolidated formally into the Princeton Fire Department in April 2011. Today the three Fire Companies exist as organizations for the members of the Fire Department.
The Fire Department has been a 100% volunteer organization from 1788 to 2020 (232 Years!) when career firefighters were hired and became a combination volunteer/career Fire Department.
Organized 1848, Consolidated into the Princeton Fire Department in 2011.
Princeton Fire Department - Fire Police
The Fire Police are an organization of Fire Department members who help divert traffic and close roads to create a safe working area for our firefighters.
Princeton Fire Department - Ladies Auxiliary
The Ladies Auxiliary help with non-emergency functions and fundraisers of the Fire Department.
Princeton University Associate Firefighters
The Princeton University Associate Firefighter program allows for Princeton University employees who are trained as firefighters to respond on a Princeton Fire Department apparatus to fire calls in Princeton.