Omnibus Loading / Unloading / Parking Instructions
July 2019 Ordinance
Ordinance 2019-29 (PDF), which regulates loading, unloading and parking activities for omnibus operators visiting Princeton, was adopted by Princeton Council on June 10, 2019. All parking violations and incidents of traffic obstruction will be enforced by the Princeton Police Department and Princeton Parking Enforcement.
Please follow these guidelines to ensure that your visit to Princeton, New Jersey is safe and enjoyable:
- All omnibuses shall load and unload using established New Jersey (NJ) Transit bus stops:
- The near side of the Palmer Square / Nassau Street (NJ 27) intersection in the westbound direction.
- In front of Princeton University's Fitzrandolph Gate at the near side of the Nassau Street (NJ 27) Witherspoon Street intersection in the eastbound direction.
- All omnibuses shall be loaded and unloaded as quickly as possible and shall not be stopped for more than five minutes at the bus stop.
- Omnibuses shall park on Alexander Street (west side) in the designated bus parking area while waiting for their passengers. Payment of $20 per hour at a machine for up to 3 hours, 7 am to 8 pm, is required.
- While parked, omnibuses shall not idle for more than three minutes per New Jersey Administrative Code (NJAC) 7:27-14-15.
- Fines for violating Ordinance 2019-29 (PDF) shall range from $100 to $2,000, as determined by the municipal court, and require a court appearance.
- Download a printable version of tour bus information, map, and translation in Mandarin Chinese (PDF).