Last Content Update:
Engineering Department Duties
The Engineering Department is responsible for the following municipal operations:
- Planning, designing, and construction oversight of capital improvement projects to municipal roadways inclusive of traffic signals, storm sewers, sidewalks, pathways, and other facilities within the municipal right-of-way (ROW).
- Preparation of tax maps and municipal mapping information
- Supervision of private property owner/developer compliance with planning/zoning board requirements and applicable ordinances
- Coordination of public utility infrastructure work in the Princeton public ROW
- Issuance and inspection of road opening permits and ROW occupancy permits
- Oversight of the Municipal Transit service
Coordination with Others
... and the following Boards and Committees...
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Planning Board
- Public Transit Advisory Committee
- Sewer Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
... and with the following outside agencies...
- New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT)
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- Mercer County Department of Transporation and Infrastructure
- Mercer County Soil Conservation District
- Princeton's bordering Townships: Hopewell Township, Lawrence Township, Montgomery Township, West Windsor Township
For the next year, Princeton will be working with the community to create a new Master Plan that will guide how the Municipality addresses current and anticipated future conditions. Please join us, and be part of building the future of Princeton! Take our survey & sign up for updates!
This is Princeton's new hub to share, discuss, inform and collaborate on projects, issues, and opportunities in our community. Thank you for taking part and making your voice heard! Take Me There