Solterra will collect and dispose of Princeton's residential trash and bulky items for 2020.
- Residential trash must be placed curbside before 6 am on the day of collection or after 6 pm the night prior to collection (off the road surface)
- Residents shall provide their own lidded containers for trash collection. You are allowed a maximum of four plastic or metal lidded containers (with or without wheels), which are 32 gallons or under. Do not leave trash out in plastic bags or use the recycling buckets. All trash must be in the trash container
- Bins cannot weigh any more than 50 pounds per bin with trash in it
- Empty containers shall be removed from the curb by 12 midnight after collection
- There is a limit of two large bulky items per week in addition to normal household trash. Examples of bulky items include:
- Mattress and/or box spring (these must be wrapped in plastic or they will not be collected)
- A small (2 seat) couch
Each bulky item must weigh no more than 50lbs.
- Bulky materials shall be placed curbside (off the road surface and sidewalks) in an area no larger than 6 feet long by 3 feet wide.
- Rugs must be cut into 3' sections and can be no wider than 6" or weigh more than 50 pounds
This collection does not include:
- Appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Automotive parts
- Broken concrete, bricks/pavers
- Building materials
- Computer monitors
- Construction debris
- Electronics and televisions
- Hot tubs, spas, and covers
- Leaves, brush/yard debris, dirt
- Propane Tanks
- Recyclables (See Recycling Schedule)
- Swing sets
2021 Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
When a holiday falls on a scheduled collection day, pick up will be the next day.
- Friday, January 1, 2021 - Collection will be Saturday, January 2, 2021
- Monday, May 31, 2021 - Collection will be Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Sunday, July 4, 2021 - No Change
- Monday, September 6, 2021 - Collection will be Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 - Collection will be Friday, November 26, 2021
- Saturday, December 25, 2021 - No Change
Missed Trash Collection
If your trash has not been collected by 7 pm of your scheduled pick-up day you can report it. Please have the following information when you report this:
- Date of scheduled collection
- Email address
- Number of containers left at curb
- Telephone number
- Time left at the curb
Please leave your missed containers at the curb for collection, unless notified otherwise by the Department of Public Works.