In 2015, Princeton joined Welcoming America, becoming part of a global movement proactively working to build welcoming communities that value inclusiveness, unity, and diversity.
Provide a safe and inclusive community by:
- Developing a Welcoming Princeton Plan
- Engaging and educating the public on Welcoming Princeton
- Establishing a Welcoming America subcommittee of the Human Services Commission
- Executing the Welcoming Week program
- Working with Mayor, Council, and Administration to sustain, implement and develop policies and practices to advance our welcoming community efforts
First Welcoming Week
In 2016, Princeton hosted our 1st Welcoming Week joining 150 communities and 50,000 individuals worldwide. Our country and the community we serve are facing great challenges and it will take all of us, working together to change the rhetoric. Everyone - from schoolchildren to seniors - has a role to play in ensuring Princeton remains a welcoming place for all. Welcoming Week is a time to celebrate and amplify the values that unite us as neighbors, parents, and colleagues, and that make our town more welcoming to newcomers and everyone who calls our community home and to recognize that our community is stronger because of our diversity, not in spite of it. Watch our Welcoming Week Princeton 2016 video.