The annual S.H.R.E.D.fest will be held on Saturday, October 16 from 10 am - 2 pm at 100 Thanet Road. This event is open to Princeton residents only.
- Shred your personal documents
- Household Goods and Clean Clothing will be Collected
- Recycle home medical equipment
- Electronic and computer recycling
- Donate bicycles
- Dumpster discards
What can you bring:
- Electronics: Computers, monitors, printers, scanners, copiers, peripherals, cabling, mouse, laptops, TV's, DVD's VCR's, stereo equipment, phones, radios, record players, boom boxes, fax machines, cell phones
- Household Goods: Clean untorn clothes, pots & pans, dishes, sheets, comforters, blankets, tools, coats, hats, gloves, scarves, men's work clothes, belts, shoes
- Medical Equipment: (Home use only) Canes, wheelchairs, seat cushions, crutches, portable ramps, hospital beds, walkers, grab bars, safety rails, hearing/low vision & speech devices, exercise bands & balls.
- Dumpster Discards: Broken items, propane tanks, small furniture, BBQs, backyard play equipment (Metal/plastic only), exercise equipment. NO COMMERCIAL MATERIALS OR CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Donate your unwanted bike. NJ Bike Exchange will fix it and give it a new life.
What not to bring:
Rugs or carpeting, paint, chemicals, batteries (unless they are taped for Sustainable Princeton), oil, railroad ties, asbestos, tires, air conditioners, refrigerators/freezers, helium/oxygen tanks, wood, fencing, medical waste, household trash, couches, microwaves, construction or re-modeling debris, mattresses or box springs.
Please review the COVID-19 Protocols
Limit of one person per vehicle
All residents must remain in their vehicle at all times with their windows closed
Disposal items must be placed in the trunk or back of the vehicle. Items cannot be in the passenger seat.
Containers will not be returned.
Please follow the posted route for drop off locations