The Shade Tree Commission (STC) is sponsoring a fun outdoor activity in the Central Business District that will attract locals and visitors and enhance the winter village ambiance:
• Thirty-six 6-foot evergreens will be purchased by the STC and placed along Nassau and Witherspoon Streets.
• The trees will be positioned near electricity and most will have lights placed on them.
• All trees will sit in burlap balls, which will allow them to be planted after the holidays.
• The STC will purchase these trees to fill in barren spots where trees have been removed.
• The STC will plant the trees in pubic spaces in mid to late January.
• The STC would like to invite businesses and nonprofits to festively foster a tree.*
*Here's how businesses and nonprofits can participate:
1. Decorate a tree with your own creative ideas, which can include branding of your business or nonprofit. Decorations must be suitable for cold and inclement weather.
2. Provide a tree skirt for your tree.
3. Lights for your tree will be provided by the Municipality.
4. Decorations and tree skirts will be returned to you after the holiday season.
5. Water your tree a few times per week, until it is planted (mid to late January), so it stays healthy and viable.
6. To sign up, contact Councilwoman Michelle Pirone Lambros